The first scientific workshop presented by the 20th URSI-C in Japan †
1. Convener: Dr. Minoru Okada, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
2. Date/time: 13:00 - 17:30, 14-Jan-2007
3. Venue: Kibo-kan, a resort house of Mitsubishi Electric, Shirahama, Japan
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 20 persons
6. Local arrangement: Dr. Hiroshi Kubo, Information Technology R & D Center, Mitsubishi Electric.
7. Session title: “Co-existence of Radio Waves”
8. Presentation: 60 min including Q&A for each speaker
9. Reception and Lamp Session5
10. The steering committee meeting took place from 08:00 to 10:00 on 15-Jan-2007.
11. Concluding Remarks
The first workshop on the 20th URSI-C in Japan was organized focusing on “Coexistense of Radio Waves.” In the workshop, PLC and its impact on short wave systems were discussed. Although PLC was a politically controversial topic, the discussions were well organized with the technical aspect of PLC. At the Lamp session, a historically valuable book was introduced by Dr. Ohira. an open experiment on interference level of PLC to the shortwave radio.