The fifth scientific workshop presented by the 20th URSI-C in Japan †
1. Convener: Dr. Tadashi Kawai, University of Hyogo
2. Date/time: 13:00 - 17:00, 11-Jan.-2008
3. Venue: University of Hyogo, Kobe, Japan
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 21 persons
6. Local arrangement: Dr. Kenji Itoh, Mitsubishi Electric
7. Session title: “Radio Waves and Transport ”
8. Presentation: 55 min including Q&A for each speaker
9. Reception and Lamp Session at Kosenkaku, Arima-cho, Kobe, Japan.
10. The steering committee meeting took place from 09:00 to 10:00 on 12-Jan.-2008.
11. Concluding Remarks
In the workshop, we had interesting four talks about recent progress and perspectives on Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) at home and abroad, radar systems and power devices for ITS. Furthermore, broadband access service in transport system, especially TSUKUBA EXPRESS, was introduced. In the lamp session, the intruder detection system using radio waves, which is called Pair of Transceiver Cables (PTC), was illustrated.