The 10th scientific workshop presented by the 19th URSI-C in Japan
1. Convener: Mr. Toru Maniwa, Fujitsu Labs. Ltd.
2. Date/time: 12:30 -17:00, May 12th, 2006
3. Venue: Seminar room of Faculty of Science and Engineering, Saga University (Saga, Japan)
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 26 persons
6. Local arrangement: Aikawa Lab., Saga Univercity.
7. Session title: gMillimeter-wave Renaissanceh
8. Presentations: 60 min including Q&A for each speaker
(a) gThe renaissance of dielectric waveguidesh
Speaker: Prof. Futoshi Kuroki, Kure National college of Tech.(b) gMillimeter-wave Gigabit Wireless Technology and System Applicationsh
Speaker: Mr. Kenichi Maruhashi, NEC corp.(c) gHigh-speed signal processing technique in optical communication systemsh
Speaker: Dr. Hideyuki Nosaka, NTT Corp.(d) gThe Present State of Research and Development of Multi-Gigabit Wireless LAN Systemsh
Speaker: Dr. Amane Miura, ATR Wave Engineering Laboratories
Venue: Furuyu-Kakureisen, Saga, Japan
Attendees: 12 persons
10. The steering committee meeting took place from 8:30 to 9:45 on May. 13th, 2006.
This workshop entitled, "Millimeter-wave Renaissance", and was described from a wide viewpoint of the system, the waveguide, the filter, the oscillator, the module, the clock reproduction, the equalizer, the antenna, and security, etc. about the recent development of the millimeter wave. The discussion was actively carried out though they were few 26 participants. Especially, it was discussed which is better way to transmit digitalized data or analog modulated data on millimeter wave. All participated students told their impressions. Moreover, RFID system that was one of the next workshop themes was explained as the ramp session.