[an error occurred while processing this directive]
The third scientific workshop
presented by the 23rd URSI-C in Japan
"Terahertz-wave technology and its applications"
1. Convener: Prof. Dr. Taiichi Otsuji, Tohoku University
2. Date/time: 13:40 - 17:30, October 19th, 2015
3. Venue: Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd., Memorial Hall (Kokubunji city, Tokyo)
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 37 persons
6. Local arrangement: Dr. Akira Kuriyama (Hitachi, Ltd.), Prof. Dr. Takuji Arima (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology)
7. Session title: "Terahertz-wave technology and its applicatorns"
- 13:40 - 13:50 Opening Remarks, Prof. Dr. Nobuyoshi Kikuma, Chair, Commission C of URSI-JNC (Nagoya Institute of Technology)
- 13:50 - 14:40 "Cutting edge of terahertz technology", Prof. Dr. Masayoshi Tonouchi (Osaka University)
- 14:40 - 15:30 "Terahertz oscillator devices", Dr. Masahiro Asano (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- 15:30 - 15:50 Coffee Break
- 15:50 - 16:40 "Terahertz-wave imaging devices", Dr. Toshihiko Ouchi (Canon, Inc.)
- 16:40 - 17:30 "Terahertz-wave imaging systems", Prof. Dr. Kodo Kawase (Nagoya University)
9．Reception: Attendee 21 persons at Lounge "Keyaki", Central Research Lab., Hitachi Ltd., Kokubunji city, Tokyo.
10．The Steering committee meeting took place from 11:30 to 12:30 on October 19th, 2015.
11. Concluding Remarks
This is the third workshop organized by the 23rd URSI-C in Japan. This is a revival of the workshop that had been originally planned in mid-July, the last year, as the 11th workshop by the 22nd URSI-C in Japan, but was unfortunately cancelled due to typhoon.
This workshop focused on the terahertz frequency range that is situated between the radio waves (the major concerns of URSI-C) and the light waves, in particular, on the related cutting-edge terahertz-wave technology and its applications. Four renowned leading scientists gave their interesting presentations in terms of hottest topics of the terahertz devices and their imaging and/or wireless communication applications as well as the technological roadmap based on the industrial trends and prospects.
The topics presented here were not so popular but rather fresh and impressive in our URSI-C community, and gave us many inspirations and new insights which may drive us to draw more attentions and to dive in as a future important research fields and themes in the sense of exploring new electromagnetic frequency resources beyond the radio waves. We have valuable discussion on the cutting-edge technology and future trends of the terahertz-wave technology.
To view larger photo, please click above photo then type password.