1. Convener: Satoshi Tsukamoto, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International
2. Date/time: 11:00 -16:40/19:00-20:00, July 3, 2009
3. Venue: Osaka University Nakanoshima Center
(Nakanoshima, Kita-ku, Osaka, Japan)
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 43 persons
6. Local arrangement: Professor Okada and Mr. Tsukamoto.
7. Session title: "Cognitive Radio"
8. Presentation: 60 min including Q&A for each speaker
Venue: Hotel Minoh Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Attendees: 18 persons
10. The steering committee meeting took place from 9:00 to 10:00 on July 4, 2009.
11. Concluding Remarks
Thanks to good access to the venue, many participants took part in this workshop. The speakers introduced standardization activities and technology trends on cognitive radio systems which enable effective utilization of radio resource and spectrum sharing on demand. Software Defined Radio is one of the key technologies for cognitive radio system. This technology is steadily developing for put into practical use of the system. One of the speakers pointed out that wireless communications becomes fields with matured technologies; therefore, innovative changes are needed for sustainable development. It suggests that we should research information and telecommunication technologies with wider vision.