1. Rapporteur: Dr. Shoichi Narahashi, Dr. Ryo Yamaguchi, NTT DOCOMO
2. Date/time: 11:00 - 16:10, 9 January, 2009
3. Venue: Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 23 persons
6. Local arrangement: Dr. Kenji Itoh, Dr. Kazutomi Mori, Mitsubishi Electric,
Prof.Koji Mizuno, Tohoku Univ.
Program arrangement: Dr.Shoichi Natahashi, Dr. Ryo Yamaguchi, NTT DOCOMO
7. Session title: "IMT-Advanced"
8. Presentation: 50 min including Q&A for each speaker
9. Reception and Lamp Session at Akiu, Miyagi, Japan.
10. The steering committee meeting took place from 08:00 to 09:00 on 10 January, 2009.
11. Concluding Remarks
In this workshop, we had discussed fundamental technologies, standardization process and requirements for IMT-Advanced, the next complete evolution in wireless communications. We had one keynote speech and four interesting talks. These talks include radio transmission technologies and propagation models for achieving high-speed data transmission in mobile environment, standardization strategies and business schemes for IMT-Advanced. In the lamp session, we deeply discussed on a definition and interpretation of "brain communication", and a comprehensive analysis for the oscillation frequency of RF oscillation circuits.