[an error occurred while processing this directive]
The eighth scientific workshop
presented by the 23rd URSI-C in Japan
Session title: "Microwave Imaging and Sensing Technology"
1. Convener: Mr. Takashi Yamagajo, Fujitsu Laboratories Limited
2. Date/time: 13:40 - 17:00, December 22nd, 2016
3. Venue: National Institute for Fusion Science (Toki city, Gifu pref.)
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 19 persons
6. Local arrangement: Mr. Takashi Yamagajo (Fujitsu Laboratories Limited)
7. Session title: "Microwave Imaging and Sensing Technology"
- 13:40 - 14:30 Guided tour at NIFS (National Institute for Fusion Science)
- 14:40 - 14:50 Opening Remarks, Prof. Dr. Nobuyoshi Kikuma, Chair, Commission C of URSI-JNC (Nagoya Institute of Technology)
- 14:50 - 15:30 "Inversion Method without a Information on Incident Fields", Associate Prof. Toshifumi Moriyama(Nagasaki University)
- 15:30 - 15:40 Coffee Break (10 min.)
- 15:40 - 16:20 "High frequency GaN Device for the Radar and Sensing Technology", Dr. Masaki Hangai(Mitsubishi Electric Co.)
- 16:20 - 17:00 "Nuclear Fusion Research and its application to Microwave Imaging", Prof. Yoshio Nagayama(NIFS)
- 17:00 Closing
9．Reception: Attendees 12 persons at Hasshoen Yumotokan.
After the reception, night session was held.
"5G R &D Activities in Fujitsu", Mr. Atsushi Honda (Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.)
10．The Steering committee meeting took place from 08:15 to 09:30 on Decemver 23rd, 2016 at Hasshoen Yumotokan.
11. Concluding Remarks
Recently, research on microwave imaging and sensing becomes more and more significant because it is applied in various fields such as medical care and intelligent transportation system. The 8th URSI-C workshop was held to study on this topic and to offer a chance for deep discussion. Before the workshop, a guided tour in the National Institute for Fusion Science (NIFS) was held and participants observed the control room, helium liquefier and vacuum chamber parts.
In the workshop, we invited three distinguished lecturers. First, assistant professor Toshifumi Moriyama from Nagasaki University has presented his research entitled "Inversion method without a information on incident fields". Then, Dr. Masaki Hangai from Mitsubishi Electric Corporation has presented the research of his project entitled "High frequency GaN device for the radar and sensing technology". Finally, Professor Yoshio Nagayama from NIFS has made the lecture entitled "Nuclear fusion research and its application to microwave imaging". He has reviewed present status and future prospect for the nuclear fusion research, and presented the plasma diagnostic technology using the microwave camera and its application to the breast cancer screening.
Researchers of the electromagnetic wave science and nuclear fusion science had fruitful discussion on the cutting-edge technologies and obtained valuable information.
To view larger photo, please click above photo then type password.