[an error occurred while processing this directive]
The fourth scientific workshop
presented by the 23rd URSI-C in Japan
"An attempt to discover things
by studying the past of wireless power transfer"
1. Convener: Dr. Takashi Hikage, Hokkaido University
2. Date/time: 12:00 - 16:00, December 4th, 2015
3. Venue: Kyoto University Tokyo Office (Minato-ku, Tokyo)
4. Registration fee: Free
5. Listed attendees: 48 persons
6. Local arrangement: Dr. Naoki Shinohara (Kyoto University)
7. Session title: "An attempt to discover things by studying the past of wireless power transfer"
- 12:00 - 12:05 Opening Remarks, Prof. Dr. Nobuyoshi Kikuma, Chair, Commission C of URSI-JNC (Nagoya Institute of Technology)
- 12:05 - 12:45 "WPT-Efficiency and Power", Prof. Dr. Hidetoshi Matsuki (Tohoku University)
- 12:45 - 13:25 "The story from Inductive Power Transfer to Induct Power Supply", Prof. Dr. Shunsuke Takahashi (Waseda University)
- 13:25 - 14:05 "History of my antenna research", Kiyohiko Itoh (Professor Emeritus Hokkaido University )
- 14:05 - 14:20 Coffee Break (15 min.)
- 14:20 - 15:00 "An old tale of demonstration experiments using microwave power transmission", Prof. Dr. Yoshiyuki Fujino (Toyo University)
- 15:00 - 16:00 Keynote "URSI, Radio Science and Solar Power Satellite", Prof. Dr. Hiroshi Matsumoto (President of RIKEN, Professor Emeritus Kyoto Univ.)
- 16:00 Closing
9．Reception: Shinagawa Intercity, Minato-ku, Tokyo
10．The Steering committee meeting took place from 11:00 to 11:30 on December 4th, 2015.
11. Concluding Remarks
This is the fourth workshop organized by the 23rd URSI-C in Japan. This workshop focused on the past researches of wireless power transfer technology. Four renowned leading professors gave their interesting presentations in terms of precious topics of past researches and developments of the wireless power transfer and their applications as well as the current industrial trends and prospects based on the past researches. In addition, Prof. Matsumoto (President of RIKEN, Professor Emeritus Kyoto Univ.) gave a keynote presentation regarding history of URSI, Radio Science researches in Kyoto University and Solar Power Satellite.
The topics presented here were impressive in URSI community, and gave us many inspirations and new insights. We also had valuable discussion on the cutting-edge technology and future trends of the wireless power transfer.
To view larger photo, please click above photo then type password.